Friday, January 20, 2012

Hymn Who Has...

So I listened to a hymn recently. It's called O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing, and it is written by Charles Wesley. Say what! Charles Wesley!? Yes. I hear he's written, like, over 6000 hymns. I heard that from a guy named David Crowder, who also said that this hymn originally had 19 verses. Mr. Crowder writes his own praise and worship music with his band, but it's not like typical P&W. It's pumped up a bit for the most part. He did his own version of the hymn, adding his own chorus but still having I think 4 verses.

This album, Remedy, from what I've heard of it already, sounds really good. It's pretty chill, but he's a really good songwriter. It also has some electronic sounds in the background of a handful of songs, soooo yeah, if you like that kind of thing. I also heard him described as sounding "like a goat," which makes a little sense because if you look at any picture of him, he also looks kinda like a goat as well. Anyway, O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing. All the hymns I know are all pretty simple lyrically, but they mean oh so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment