Monday, January 23, 2012

Is It Ok If I Play Old Stuff?...

So I'm having trouble picking bands about which to post. I figure most of the people reading this already know the bands I find because they're the ones I talk to about music. BUT I DIGRESS.

I Am Empire has some songs that have been compared to Guns N' Roses and 30 Seconds To Mars (Alternative Press). I don't really know what other bands with which to compare them (?), they aren't very popular, and they are on Tooth and Nail Records, which must count for something, right? The lead vocalist, Austin Lyons, has an exaggerated style of singing, which makes for a unique kinda sound. His voice gives me a funny picture of him in my head, so I would say others might think him a little silly sounding, but his voice isn't "bad". As for the rest of the music, - OH, now I got it. They have a similar sound to Polarity by The Wedding (if you like them), the music, that is. I might could post later about The Wedding. Now don't go sayin' that I said they were exactly like The Wedding; there are major differences, but I do believe they are similar. They have an upbeat, pop-rock (but not necessarily "happy") sound on a handful of songs, and for the rest, well, I really don't know to describe it. So check them out!



P.S. : What a funny looking singer!

P.P.S. : It's my brother's birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I like it! He's definitely an entertaining singer, to say the least. I think it's weird to see singers like that in videos, but I have seen singers like this in real life, and they made the concert so much more fun. They were also jumping around and doing the splits right in front of me and my friend, though, so that probably added to it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so, but I think he also just looks funny. He has weird hair

      Delete