Thursday, January 19, 2012

Maybe I Should Eat Some Breakfast First...

This seems like it might be more difficult than I thought. While there are many many bands out there that are worth mentioning, there are tons that I don't know much about. SO, I could just say "Hey! Here's a band. Watch this video. Listen to this song," which might be fine for all of you (all three of you), but I would think it is more interesting to maybe learn a little something about them. That's the hard part. I know lots about bands I really like, but most of you probably know about the bands I really like because I probly told you about them already. That may not be the case, so I will still eventually report on those bands as well. BUT FIRST...

If you like The Killers (and who doesn't?) then I would suppose that Abandon would also tickle your fancy as well. Abandon's music is a bit more upbeat, especially compared to The Killers' newer stuff. Actually, all of their stuff is probably best compared, when being compared to The Killers, to the Hot Fuss album (2004). Abandon has a little less electronic sound, and even more rock sound, but not too much. And yes, they are a Christian band.

Uhhh, ok. So now that I re-watched this video, I now understand that they are more than similar, BUT TAKE HEART. I believe that it is just this album - their first EP while not being independent (Abandon EP). Their newest album, Control, sounds more like Sanctus Real. I guess it's not too easy being totally original nowadays, especially with all the weird stuff out there. 

1 comment:

  1. This song (below) is probably the most original song I've heard in a while, and it's not even really the song that makes it original - it's the girl's style of singing. Anyway. It might not be your style, but it's somewhat original.
    http://grooveshark.com/s/Peach+Plum+Pear/3xejmo?src=5

    ReplyDelete